Monday, October 22, 2012

The Whim, The Newport Cottage Where Oatsie Charles Spends Her Summers


The Whim is the Newport cottage of Oatsie Charles, formerly the caretaker's cottage of the estate Land's End. Mrs. Charles had originally lived in Land's End, but she moved to the cottage after her husband's death. Mrs Charles renovated The Whim before she moved in, turning it into what she called "an elegant jewel box". In The Whim she placed her large collection of furniture and rare artwork, which included the antique paneling that she purchased from the auctioning of nearby Marble House. She made her biggest renovations on the grounds, which she turned into magnificent gardens. She recently had decorator John Peixinho redo the study at The Whim. "I told him I wanted a media room" said Charles "Not that I had any idea what that was. But I liked the sound of it". He completely redid the room, even re-covering her late husband's Barcalounger. Today, Oatsie still lives at The Whim and enjoys walking through her topiary wonderland. Click HERE to find out more about Land's End. 

12 comments:

  1. I wish there were tours of the garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. ’ll be coming back to your website for more soon.

    ReplyDelete

  3. I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Nice article. This is quite informative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredible, I feel really happy to have seen your webpage.

    ReplyDelete

  6. I REALLY JUST WANT TO READ THIS KIND OF POST BECAUSE THIS KIND POST IS VERY HELPFUL TO EVERYONE JUST LIKE ME.

    ReplyDelete

  7. The web page you have shared contains a lot of information. I have accumulated a lot of information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to to thank you for this good read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there! This post could not be written any better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so much hilarious blog, Anyways thanks for posting ideas.

    ReplyDelete

  11. I will forward this write-up to him. Fairly certain he will have a

    ReplyDelete


  12. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...