Above is a photo of the Entrance Hall in the John Jacob Astor IV Mansion in New York City. The Mansion had been built by Richard Morris Hunt for John's mother, Caroline, Queen of New York City Society, as a double palace for her and her son. When she died in 1908, John had the mansion converted into one massive residence. The mansion was demolished around 1926 and replaced with the Temple Emanu-El, New York City's largest synagogue.
For More Click The Folowing Links:
Photo: Courtesy of Tyler Hughes Collection, Via Batterson & Gisele Architecture Article