Saturday, December 8, 2012
Delmonico's Restaurant, Fifth Avenue
Delmonico's was New York City's first grand restaurant. It was owned by the Delmonico family, who opened locations all over New York, one on Beaver Street, one on Madison Avenue, William Street and Fifth Avenue. It catered many great events and parties held during the Gilded Age and the Delmonico family made a fortune in just a few years. The restaurant closed in 1923 and was demolished soon afterward. Delmonico's, today, though out of family hands, is still a popular restaurant, coincidently located at the former Delmonico's Building on Beaver Street.
For More, Click One Of The Following Links:
Delmonico's Restaurant, New York
Home Page, Delmonico's
The Delmonico's Building
Photo Courtesy of NYPL