Sunday, February 9, 2014

Newport ~ Queen of Resorts Reaches Over 400 People on Facebook!

'Marble House', the Willie K. Vanderbilt cottage, Newport, RI. 

My Facebook group, "Newport ~ Queen of Resorts", has reached over 400 members this morning! "Newport ~ Queen of Resorts" is dedicated to remembering Newport, RI, and the marble mansions (cozily called "cottages" by their owners) that made it so legendary. Please join our group, by clicking HERE.

During the Gilded Age, Newport was considered the Queen of all the summer resorts, and many of America's richest citizens built homes there in an attempt to break into the "400", a list of who's who in New York society according to Mrs. Caroline Astor, the leader of the social arena. Amongst other things, a potential candidate was required to spend at least three seasons in Newport before acceptance was decided. Alva Smith Vanderbilt, of the recently rich Vanderbilt family, decided to outbuild everyone in Newport (known as the practice of "Vanderbuilding"). She hired her friend, the renown architect Richard Morris Hunt, to design and build for her a spectacular palace costing $11 million (About $280 million today) made entirely out of marble! The result was the 'Marble House' we have today. Interestingly, Alva chose to build her home on a plot of land adjoining the Newport cottage of Mrs. Astor, 'Beechwood'. To put it simply, Alva was bound to get in! 

5 comments:

  1. I remember hearing the Astors friends talk about "that marble monstrosity" being built next door on one of the living history tours. I've never been inside but it's beautiful outside,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy right now.Words are not enough to thank you Dr.Chukwu madu herbal home, for healing me of the deadly disease that have been disturbing me for 9 years now, I have promise to share testimony about you if you are really able to cure me of my HSV2 which you really cured. I am here to tell the whole world that there are real powerful herbal doctor who can cure any disease because i am a living testimony to your work. You have wiped away the shame on my face and brought Joy back to my life that i have wish for over 9 years now. I was reading a testimony in a forum of a lady who said you cured her from the deadly Herpes Simplex virus, and i never believed not until i gave you a try and you really cured me. You are really a God sent to people and i will continue to spread the good thing you are doing to other people in the world who might also be having same problem cause i know you will also be of help. Anyone who is suffering from any kinds of disease should contact this great herbal Man called Dr.Chukwu madu on his email[ dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com] . or call his mobile number or whatsapp him  +2347030936239,
    and get your problem solved. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sindrom nefrotik terjadi saat ada kebocoran pada glomerulus, hingga ada beberapa protein pada urin. Pada gejala penyakit Sindrom nefrotik dapat disebabkan karena keadaan klinis tertentu, seperti infeksi, diabetes, dan lupus.

    Penyakit ini bisa memunculkan tanda-tanda berbentuk urin berbuih, bengkak atau edema di seputar mata, kaki, dan lengan, https://tanamanhiasdanobat.com/ lemas dan lemas, dan kehilangan selera makan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...