The Phipps mansion in Old Westbury Long Island was the home of John Shaffer Phipps. It was built in 1903 and designed to resemble Mrs Phipps english family home in Battle Abbey. The 23-room mansion was designed by George Crawley, and expands over 160 acres. John, who spent his last year in a Palm Beach mansion called "Casa Bendita" now owned by his granddaughter, personally had the dining room from his New York City mansion reinstalled here before it was demolished. Today, the grounds and building are the Old Westbury Gardens.