Built in 1880 by Detlef Lienau for dry good merchant Walter H. Lewis, is was sold to the Pierson Family of New York. Soon after purchasing the home, Mrs Pierson, the former Susan Rhodes, inherited a nearby cottage, Roselawn, which was right down the street. Like the Van Alen children, who split their early Newport summers between Wakehurst and Rosetta Cottage, the Pierson children split their summers between Anglsea and Roselawn. Mr and Mrs Pierson, along with daughter Marguerite, were included amongst Mrs Astor's 400. On the Piersons death, the house passed through several family heirs, eventually ending up in the hands of Mrs Beverly Bogert, a fashionable hostess who lived in the house till her death in 1996. Afterwards it was sold and it is now a private residence.