Saturday, May 5, 2012

George J Gould mansion Fifth Avenue

The George J Gould Mansion was first a very gothic looking mansion with a carriage house in the back.
                                                  
                                                           The original mansion


But soon the home outgrew the family and they had a much larger home constructed on the property.
The large home would be designed by Horace Trumbauer and would be in the Modern Renaissance Style and would be 5 stories high with the fifth floor hidden behind the copper crest of the roof.




Mixed into the floor plan were several large entertaining spaces such as a ballroom and reception room.






On the first floor there was a vestibule on either sides of the vestibule were a dressing room and pantry. The vestibule led to a long stair hall to the right was the dining room and to the left was the reception room.

                                                                      Stair Hall

                                                                    Dining Room
                                                               Reception Room

Upstairs a long hall separated the two main entertaining rooms: The drawing room and ballroom.

                                                                 The Ballroom
                                                                   The Drawing Room


                                                              2nd Story Hall


On the next floor was Mr and Mrs Gould's master suites each with adjoining bath and dressing room and separating the suites was a large Adam style sitting room. The next two floors had guests and servants rooms.
                                                         Mr Gould's Bedroom
                                                     Mrs Gould's Bedroom
                                                      Adam Style Sitting Room


Today a apartment building stands on the site although the did use Trumbauer's copper crests as decorative balconies.

8 comments:

  1. when these homes were demolished, what happened to all the furnishings and interiors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it wasn't kept by the family or the estate, it was, in most cases, either auctioned off by the estate or donated to a museum.

      Delete
  2. Tyler please dont use my blueprints without permission to do so.
    thank you,
    R Marchand

    ReplyDelete

  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a lot of people reading this Testimony now will be harboring some doubts about the claims. Well, it’s not just like every other claim you find out there. This one is different. I wouldn’t be daring if I am not sure of the result you’ll get when you start using the 18 Days DOCTOR RAZOR Traditional Medicine ”. I wouldn’t take such a risk if I haven’t personally tried the product myself and it did wonders for me. Because I have tried it and it worked as claimed for me so, I think I should extend the guarantee to you Others Suffering from Herpes Virus and Other Diseases/infection. DOCTOR RAZOR Herbal Medicine Has been Working Wonders for a lot of people around the world, You too Can Testify. Contact him on Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com . WhatsApp Him on +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  5. A VERY SHORT STORY HOW I GOT CURED FROM HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV2)
    Herpes simplex virus is said to have no cure, just as i was told by my family doctor that herpes can not be cured but can be controlled, Although i was a very stubborn person i never believed in what my doctor told me about herpes having no cure Am a very honest person who believe in nature and i also believed that there could be cure somewhere in the world, I kept my faith so strong and kept on doing my research till i finally came across Dr. Aza Blessed from west Africa He is one of the oldest herbalist after Dr. Sebi and total am a living testimony to his herbal cure to herpes, i became herpes Negative on the 17/05/2021 after using the herbal medication DR. Aza BLESSED mailed to me along with the prescriptions and today its been 2 years and herpes is not traceable in my body system, All thanks To Dr. Aza BLESSED For More Info on how to get cured Contact DR . Aza now on EMAIL : (drazaherbalcenter@gmail.com ) Or CALL/WHATS APP (+1(315) 795 1518 ) or his website:www.drazaherbalcenter.com ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say to you Dr Ayoola for what you have done for me, I’m here to say thank you Dr Ayoola, I’m a man that love playing Lottery. I have been playing lottery for over 15 years now and I have not won any good money because of the way my life was, I was having challenges in my financial life I was owning a lot of people around me because of what my wife put me through and don’t know what to do, I was confuse and frustrated I didnt know what to do, I was just researching on how I can win lottery when I got so many testimonies from people that Dr Ayoola has helped in the past and they were able to win a good money with the help of this man call Dr Ayoola I was overwhelmed and I contacted him as well for help I was so surprised he got back to me saying he will help me, that was how we started working together he promised me that I will win which I believe because of the way he spoke to me, today I’m here to tell the world that I’m a living testimony of his good works. Dr Ayoola helped me to win the sum of 50 million euro I was shocked because I have been playing this same lottery for over 15 years, Dr Ayoola was God sent to me I’m here testifying about him for you to know just in case you want help so you can contact him as well via email drayoolasolutionhome@gmail. com or https://www.facebook.com/Dr-Ayoola-105640401516053/ website Drayoolatemple. com text or call +14809032128

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do not allow your doctor to tell you that there is no cure for herpes simply virus, i almost committed suicide because doctor told me that i have herpes virus and that there was no cure for it, but today i am 100% negative with Dr oliha Herbal supplements. Below is Dr oliha contact information. +2349038382931 or oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...