Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Fifth Avenue Mansion of Paran Stevens



In 1893 proprietor Paran Stevens bought a large property expanding the entire block between 57th and 58th Streetand that he and his family moved into. The property was know as "Marble Row" and was really seven homes called units. "Marble Row" had formerly been the home of Ms. Mary Mason Jones who lived in the corner house and rented the other six to wealthy socialites and matrons for small sums.







                                                        The other "Marble Row" units


It was after Ms. Jones's death that the Stevens bought it. Paran commissioned several interior renovations including removing the master suite from the first floor to the second floor ( Ms. Jones's age made it impossible for her to climb stairs so she put her bedroom on the first floor ) and adding a large art gallery to the second floor. The result was french style rooms which looked cluttered and stuffed and every wall space covered with something. Mrs. Stevens entertained lavishly in the home and in Newport. After her and her husband's death the house was sold to the Herman Oelrichs and then later on demolished, today Louis Vuitton occupies the site.  

                                                Drawing Room (former first floor master suite)

                                                                     Dining Room
                                                                      Stair Hall
                                                         Second Floor Sitting Room
                                                                      Art Gallery


5 comments:

  1. A GREAT THANKS TO DR.WEALTHY FOR CURING ME FROM GENITAL HERPES I AM SO HAPPY TO GIVE THIS TESTIMONY ARE YOU SUFFERING FROM THIS SICKNESS HERE IS DR WHO CAN HELP
    I can’t believe my genital herpes is really cured, oh is by this time last year I start feeling bad about my life, I feel pain everyday of my life am very happy now that am really cured I couldn’t have do this on my own I wish is not God that help me with my helper I was searching the internet about this sickness last 3month when I found about great doctor wealthy, the man that keep his words I write the man email about my problem immediately I get a reply from him asking me to fill a form which I immediately did and send back to him after some mins he reply me that he have work on my cure that I need to provide some materials, which can enable him to work on my cure which I did on the next day of it, after some hours he inform me that he have getting the things needed for the cure and he is about to go on with the curing spell he called me again after 50mins that he is done with the cure that I should check my body and also go for test I cant believe I was negative a big thanks to him am very happy now with my family you can also get your self cured too from this sickness by contacting him through his email: wealthylovespell@gmail.com or whatapp +2348105150446
    He also have a herbal cure for 7 other DISEASES;
    1.HIV
    2.SHINGLES
    3.VIRAL HEPATITIS
    4.INFLUENZA
    5.IMPOTENCE,
    6.BARENESS/INFERTILITY,
    7.ANTHRAX
    8 HPV
    Contact him today and you will have a testimony…Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a lot of people reading this Testimony now will be harboring some doubts about the claims. Well, it’s not just like every other claim you find out there. This one is different. I wouldn’t be daring if I am not sure of the result you’ll get when you start using the 18 Days DOCTOR RAZOR Traditional Medicine ”. I wouldn’t take such a risk if I haven’t personally tried the product myself and it did wonders for me. Because I have tried it and it worked as claimed for me so, I think I should extend the guarantee to you Others Suffering from Herpes Virus and Other Diseases/infection. DOCTOR RAZOR Herbal Medicine Has been Working Wonders for a lot of people around the world, You too Can Testify. Contact him on Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com . WhatsApp Him on +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I found Dr. Adebayo I was in desperate need of bringing my ex lover back. He left me for another woman. It happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. He just dumped me after 3 years with no explanation. I contact Dr.adebayo through his website and He told me me what i need to do before he can help me and i did what he told me to, after i provided what he wanted, he cast a love spell to help us get back together. Shortly after he did his spell, my boyfriend started texting me again and felt horrible for what he just put me through. He said that I was the most important person in his life and he knows that now. We moved in together and he was more open to me than before and then he started spending more time with me than before. Ever since Dr Adebayo helped me, my partner is very stable, faithful and closer to me than before. I highly recommends Dr Adebayo odu to anyone in need of help. Email: poweroflovespell@gmail.com, Call him or add him on whatsapp via:+1 (209) 643 1940

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not allow your doctor to tell you that there is no cure for herpes simply virus, i almost committed suicide because doctor told me that i have herpes virus and that there was no cure for it, but today i am 100% negative with Dr Oliha Herbal supplements. Below is Dr Oliha contact information. +2349038382931 or oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...